Powered By Blogger

Saturday 20 November 2021

Before I


Before I became strong, I knew what it was like to be weak,
How difficult it is to accept yourself,
To find the wholeness that you seek.

Before I knew the light,
I have had my fair share of darkness and fright,
Where my world fell into a hopelessness,
I have failed manytimes and I have never know how to get things in line..
I didn't have anyone to to even guide me through,
I have fallen many times
but I have always tried to come up again..
 
For I have known the tears it takes,
The courage to stand up again,
When you are broken down and bruised
And you know nothing but the pain.
You forget to appreciate love and care,
If you haven't seen the hate,
Till you forget the meaning of smile and laughter,
And your heart is left abate...

I have known the strength and courage
It requires to get it right,
To face the things that hold you down
And hold your head up and fight.

Before I was who I am now,
I was someone I didn't want to be.
I was lost, battered, and defeated,

Before I know how to be me!
I am still lost, trying to figure out who or what I wish to be...
I don't know what the world's got in store for me..

Atleast I know I'll be ready!



2 comments: