Powered By Blogger

Friday 22 May 2015

Goodbye.

I gave you my heart and you threw it away.
But she wanted it from the start.
I treated you like a queen and you treated me like dirt.
But she has always looked at me as if I were an angel.
I called for you and you didn't answer.
But she came running.
I needed you and you ignored me.
But she was always there
I gave you my lifetime, you gave me a day.
But she gave me forever
I loved you, you liked me.
But she'll love me as if I was the most beautiful thing on earth.
I was hurt and you didn't stitch up my wounds.
But she used a golden needle and silver thread.
I cried and you didn't hold me.
But she never let go.
I said "I love you" and you didn't say it back.
But she's been saying it to my face for years.
I was bleeding and you left me for dead.
But she would have given up her life if it meant that I would live.
I fell down and you didn't pick me up again.
But she has carried me the whole way.
And even though I haven't noticed until now, she has always thought I was the one.
And the day I realise that I love her too, it will be the best day of her life.
And when the time comes for me to fall, whose arms will I fall into?
Hers.
And you'll wonder why.
until then goodbye.

-vaibhav nagesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment